|Chemistry & Synthesis Services.
|No. of positions|
|Scope of the role|
|This position is responsible for independently executing chemical reactions to synthesize required quantities of molecules/ compounds as per client specifications using efficient route and techniques.
|Job Roles & Responsibilities|
- Understand the project requirements and deliverables from supervisor/ manager, as specified by the client.
- Comprehend the reaction protocol and search literature as required.
- Understand and discuss the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) with supervisor/ team members.
- Identify and mitigate any potential safety risk with the help of supervisor.
- Efficiently delegate work and monitor team members for effective planning, execution and delivery.
- Plan and execute reactions independently with proper reagents and equipment (glassware, stirrers, vacuum pumps etc.) maintaining specified conditions (temperature, pressure etc.), with optimum usage and minimum wastage.
- Ensure parallel execution of multiple reactions conducted both by self and the team.
- Monitor progress of the reactions by using standard methods and analytical techniques.
- Identify and execute appropriate workup and purification technique to produce an intermediate/ final compound of desired quality.
- Analyze analytical data, comprehend results and identify the issues.
- Troubleshoot as appropriate for successful execution with intimation to supervisor and guide juniors/team as required.
- Meet productivity benchmarks on number of reactions/ number of steps/ number of compounds/ quantity/ compound purity/ project timelines.
Ensure safety at work through enforcement of good laboratory practices:
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines in the labs.
- Maintenance and usage of equipment/apparatus/instruments as per SOPs.
- Guide team members/juniors on safety protocols and ensure compliance.
Maintain records, data integrity and IP confidentiality:
- Document reactions, research findings/ observations accurately in lab note books as per client requirements/ LNB SOP to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain strict IP Confidentiality and adhere to all related policies.
- Compile required experimental data to prepare final reports.
- Prepare weekly/ monthly/ final reports as required.
- Identify and report non-compliance of guidelines updated by junior team members.
Ensure skill development of self and team:
- Improve knowledge of organic chemistry (particularly synthesis)/ Analytical techniques etc. through one on one discussions with supervisor/ regular classroom trainings/ project trainings/ further educational programs etc.
- Guiding a team of chemists to meet productivity/ quality targets.
- Train & develop team members, regularly monitor their performance.
|Candidate Profile Qualification||M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry) with 4+ years experience / Ph.D. with 0-4 years experience.
|Experience & Requirement||
- Hardcore R & D experience of 4+ years, candidates with experience in impurities synthesis & CRAMS will be preferred.
- Ability to lead a group of 5-6 members.
- Day-to-day management of all laboratory activities.
- Familiarity with calculating project cost and giving quotations.
- High level of proficiency in Literature survey/ route selection/problem solving/designing novel synthetic routes.
- Possessing good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of structural elucidation and interpretation using analytical techniques such as NMR, IR, HPLC, GC, mass spectroscopy, UV spectroscopy, etc.